My first attempt at a Top 5 Wednesday post! I’m very excited to have joined the Goodreads group created by @gingerreadslainey and hosted by @ThoughtsOnTomes. Hopefully you like this post and I will definitely be participating in T5W in the future! The Goodreads group for Top 5 Wednesday can be found at https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday if you want to join!
So, here are my top five angsty romances:
- Hanson Alister and Raisa Ana’Marianna from The Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima – I absolutely adore these characters and this series. Han and Raisa have to overcome so many obstacles both together and separately before they can even think about being together. I was on the edge of my seat wondering if they were going to beat the odds.
- Jace and Clary from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare – Okay, so I have only read the first three books in this series, but there is plenty of angst in them so I feel like I can still include this couple on this list. I’m sure there is even more angst coming for me in the rest of the series and I am both dreading and looking forward to it.
- Lochan and Maya from Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma – This is the ultimate angsty romance. I did not even know how to feel about this romance as I was reading this book because it is literally forbidden. So much angst, so much stress. Beware going into this one for some potentially triggering content.
- Caleb and Maggie from the Paradise duology by Simone Elkeles- After a tragic accident that occurs before the start of the book, both Maggie and Caleb are just trying to move on with their lives. Varying degrees of circumstance draw the two together and they have many problems to overcome with themselves before they can begin to tackle the problems they have together. I love this duology.
- Jesse and Suze from The Mediator series by Meg Cabot – A romance between a human and a ghost is guaranteed to be angsty. Now before you get mad, that’s not a spoiler you are fully aware that one of them is a ghost before the book even starts. I love this pairing; they are so cute together, but it is extremely stressful watching them try to triumph over circumstance to be together.
Hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, leave me a comment. I would love to talk!